COURSE & AID STATION SPECIFICS
1 Loop = ~20mi with ~2,800ft of elevation gain
100mi = 5 Loops & ~14,000ft of gain with a 33 hour time limit
100k = 3 Loops & ~8,400ft of gain with a 23 hour time limit
(Click on map below to enlarge and to be able to zoom in)
- There are 4 aid stations that you pass through a total of 5 times per loop.
- The furthest distance between aid stations is approximately 6.3mi and the shortest stretch is approximately 1.9mi.
- For 2020, crew access is ONLY allowed at the start/finish.
- Start/Finish – Louis Murphy Park (Google Maps) 42.480704, -90.665332
- The first hard cutoff is for the start of a runner’s final loop – 12am/midnight for 100k’s 3rd loop & 11am Saturday for 100mi’s 5th loop).
- Each on-course aid station for the last loop will have a hard cutoff.
- Sauk Fox OUT (mile 85.0) – 12:20PM
- Cattesse (mile 91.3) – 2:00PM
- Sauk Fox IN (mile 93.1) – 2:35PM
- EB Lyons (mile 96.1) – 3:30PM
- Finish Line (mile 101.0) – 5:00PM
All aid stations will be manned by incredibly helpful volunteers and fully stocked with a minimum of water, Tailwind (100cal/12oz ratio), soda, salty & sweet snacks, fresh fruit, hot and cold food and basic first aid. Trust us when we say, we are going to take GOOD care of runners but if you do have strict dietary requirements or specific medical conditions, we advise packing needed items in drop bags or carrying them with you.
Drop bag service is provided at ALL 4 aid stations. Drop bags must be labeled with bib # and either a K or M for race distance (ex. #35M or #116K) as well as the name of the aid station and dropped off at Thursday night packet pickup or at the designated area at the race start (Friday) no later than 7:15AM. We don’t want to set any drop bag size restrictions so please just use common sense and keep them reasonably sized and in sturdy materials.